Note to Applicants
Below, within the Hiring Process part of this job submit, we request a “knock-your-socks-off cover letter that shows personality while remaining professional.” In our expertise posting elsewhere, candidates both hold-back or just do not possess the creativity: regardless of the trigger, we have but to learn a knock-your-socks-off missive. So please, shock us. Inspire us. Impress us. We search an early profession skilled who possesses an internal drive coupled with writing expertise and an uncontrollable urge to maintain getting higher. For these of you who we’ve got did not scare off, we eagerly await your submissions.
In this place, you’ll develop, seize and inform tales associated to (i) RocketDocs, (ii) its prospects and (iii) traits, issues and options. You will create an array of content material: white papers, weblog posts, net web page articles, displays, product-service truth sheets and infographics.
We suppose this place displays the possibility of a lifetime for a gifted, hungry, early-career skilled on a writing trajectory. The chosen candidate will be part of a fast-paced and high-performance office, with pleasant tireless friends who will allow you to succeed.
As you may guess, we are able to’t give this “chance of a lifetime” to anyone. Like every of our new hires, we’ll get loopy selective. We’ll take a look at your portfolio of writing and displays. We’ll check you on-line. You’ll interview with Eight-10 individuals. But if this seems like a match for you, preserve studying…
Our Business Ecosystem
We serve massive, business-to-business (B2B) enterprises. Our prospects use our industry-leading SaaS product within the high-volume RFP-to-proposal house. And we’ve bought two new merchandise within the pipeline that sit adjoining to the proposal house: each will clear up key buyer issues.
OK, OK, this doesn’t sound as attractive as inventing the subsequent iPhone. But actually, the brand new merchandise will blow your doorways off (assuming you will get enthusiastic about enterprise software program). So the place does your job slot in?
You will have interaction with our group and our prospects to develop and publish info that helps the . You will do analysis. You will develop findings and uncover finest practices. Then you’ll ship invaluable insights to our goal buyer personas by means of the varied content material varieties you create.
To the diploma you need to name this a “marketing” job, consider it as advertising and marketing through the supply of compelling insights. You will function a researcher and story-teller.
Your capability to (i) analysis and perceive issues, coupled with (ii) a capability to write down and current in a compelling means, mirror probably the most important abilities for this job. For readability, (i) and (ii) get you greater than half means there. You completely should write properly.
As icing on the cake, we might like to seek out somebody with a tech/SaaS Software background who possesses artistic, enterprise, and social media savvy as properly. Throw-in some graphic design data as an additional bonus. We cowl duties and extra comprehensively under, however first a phrase about our firm.
About the Company
As of this writing, you gained’t discover a lot, if any, public point out of RocketDocs. Historically, we’ve gone to market as Proposal Software, Inc and we’ve got held off on the RocketDocs.com web site. With the first-to-market answer, PMAPS, we invented the proposal automation house. Over time, we gained contracts with a good portion of the world’s largest monetary companies establishments whereas additionally penetrating the insurance coverage and expertise verticals.
While we take pleasure in a worldwide attain, our prospects cluster within the Northeast, Chicago, California and to a lesser diploma, London and Western Europe. Our success has stemmed from (a) delivering the industry-leading proposal administration SaaS providing and (b) having two founders obsessive about buyer satisfaction.
As we rebrand into RocketDocs, we’ll proceed our penetration of the high-volume proposal administration market whereas repurposing our quick and versatile SaaS expertise stack into adjoining downside areas. Forthcoming SaaS merchandise will broaden TAM by $1B-2B. Our firm has the backing of institutional progress fairness, and as of Q2 2017, a brand new management group with a monitor report of SaaS success.
Culturally, we function like a startup. Small, agile groups with fast selections and brief, iterative cycle instances. We relish our core values of velocity, real-talk and progress & studying. All of our positions embrace a bonus, limitless paid-time-off (i.e., limitless PTO), medical insurance and optionally available 401Okay. We like massive brains tied to obsessive doers that work properly in a group setting. Come assist us win.
About the Position
Essential Duties and Responsibilities embrace the next. Other duties could get assigned.
- Develop a day by day, evergreen content material calendar based mostly on the ebbs and flows of our enterprise and prospect conduct.
- Create content material about issues that relate to our services and products.
- Write exterior communications, net content material, social media posts, weblog posts, white papers, infographics, articles, and emails.
- Assist within the growth of any product promotions, advertising and marketing/gross sales collateral, and signage.
- Update and improve our current content material
- Act as our inner “Content Czar(ina)” utilizing our personal content material administration system (CMS) – and inform us the way to make our CMS higher as a result of we promote it to prospects.
- Assist with particular tasks as wanted.
- Interface with the corporate’s advertising and marketing company.
- Work with our inner designer to help in sustaining our model.
Qualifications (Entry Level: zero – three yrs work expertise)
To carry out this job efficiently, a person should be capable of carry out every important obligation satisfactorily. The necessities listed under are consultant of the data, talent and/or capability required.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s diploma from four-year school or college. As far as your main in school, we don’t actually care for those who can present us a portfolio of compelling written and presentation content material (that you simply created). Truthfully, we lean towards these with journalism majors, however majors may also embrace English, artistic writing, historical past, political science, zoology, enterprise, advertising and marketing, math, and so forth.
Ability to outline issues, analysis, set up details, and draw legitimate conclusions. Ability to interpret an in depth number of enter and distill right down to one thing fascinating, compelling and utilitarian (for our enterprise prospects).
- Excellent writing abilities and a spotlight to element.
- Excellent communication abilities – verbal and written.
- Strong interpersonal abilities, together with a thick pores and skin – we’ll want to provide you suggestions in your work with out worrying about tip toeing round a fragile ego. [Note: we’ve got no shouters and zero manufactured drama; but again, we don’t tip toe around.]
- Working data of website positioning finest practices and Google Analytics reporting a plus.
- Working data of graphic design platforms and talent to do rudimentary design fascinating additionally a plus.
- Proficiency with Keynote, PowerPoint, Word and WordPress.
- Experience with enterprise running a blog, visitor posting and enterprise weblog channels.
- Strong understanding of social media platforms, particularly LinkedIn, in addition to Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for enterprise use.
- Working data of Salesforce.com a plus.
Job-Office Location (Geography)
This place requires day-to-day work at our HQs in Frederick, MD. Like most professionals in at the moment’s software program house, all of us work a day right here and there from residence. We anticipate the identical with this place. But make no mistake, this place resides in Frederick and we is not going to entertain distant employees.
Hiring Process (READ CAREFULLY)
We sequentially observe the method under, with development to the subsequent step contingent upon “passing” the prior step.
(1) You apply on Indeed and do the next:
– Send us a knock-your-socks-off cowl letter that exhibits character whereas remaining skilled. We will not learn your resume if not compelled by a well-authored cowl.
– Include a resume w your cowl letter.
– Provide attachments and or hyperlinks to writing samples you authored. Incidentally, we might gladly obtain PDFs from a cloud storage supplier.
(2) Take a 20-min on-line check.
(three) Undertake a paid writing task and we’ll ship you $ upon your submission (whether or not we prefer it or not).
(four) Attend head to head interviews with RocketDocs employees in Frederick, MD.
(5) Receive contingent provide of employment, adopted by reference and background checks.
A Word from Our CEO
Regarding the “missing” RocketDocs.com web site, we gained’t let our designer get distracted (proper now) by the re-brand till she’s executed with our subsequent product. We beg your indulgence.
With regard to this job description write-up, you might detect an ongoing seek for our firm voice. Everything you learn herein authentically displays our firm – whether or not we must always and might successfully go-to-market with such a voice stays a query. We look so that you can assist us reply this query.
Lastly, I’ve served, and can proceed to serve, because the executive-in-charge on this recruitment. I personally evaluate cowl letters, resumes and writing samples. Good information? You’ve bought deep involvement and dedication from the corporate CEO. Bad information? I can get pulled in lots of instructions, and this recruitment could take a bit longer than we might all desire. That stated, we have funds and plan to rent ASAP. Thank you in your curiosity and persistence.